Monday, April 5, 2010

Ask Beau Cadiyo

Hi,

Really enjoy your blog, seems to be very informative. I'm really hoping you can help me with this one.

In 2003, I was in C-town with my brother & buddy for a vacation. We had a hard time looking for good places to eat until we encountered a great concierge at our hotel (The InterContinental on Euclid Ave.). He recommended a sports bar nearby that had some amazing panini sandwiches filled with french fries (Later on, I learned Primanti Bros. in Pittsburgh perfected this sammie years earlier). But for the life of me, I cannot recall the name of this place! I remember it was on the 2nd floor of a 2 story building and it was a sports bar atmosphere, as the TVs had all sorts of sports on.

It's a total shot in the dark and I know I'm not giving much in the way of details, but does this place seem familiar to you? I'm making my return in 2 weeks and I've been pimping it to my girlfriend. I'd love to head back, as the sandwich was pretty darn good and I much prefer trying local cuisine as opposed to fast food whilst on vacation.

Your help is this manner is much appreciated.

As always, I remain:

C.D.

Reply

C.D. -

There's a 99% chance that it's Panini's:

http://www.paninisgrill.com/l-gateway.html

They do fill their sandwiches with fries from their grill. Personally, I wouldn't list this as one of the best sandwiches I've ever had, or even the best in Cleveland, but I think this is it!

I'm in the middle of a review of R. Ribs. Their Polish Boy also has fries, AND an amazing sausage/sauce/bread combination similar to Freddie's (listed as the best Polish Boy in America by Esquire Magazine).

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance, and bon appetit in Cleveland!

Best,
Beau

No comments: